What is Wellness?
Wellness is the state of health in body and mind promoting disease prevention, optimum performance and well being. Wellness is maintained through exercise, nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits, reducing stress levels and learning to relax.
Why is Wellness so Important?
On the whole, our lifestyle, living conditions and diet are contributing to premature death, obesity, an increase in the risks of illness and a decrease in the quality of life. Contributing to this includes pollution, poor nutrition, stress, dehydration and a sedentary lifestyle. In order to improve our quality of life, decrease risk factors for Heart Disease, Cancer and Stroke (as well as many other debilitating illnesses such as Diabetes, Asthma, Hypertension, and Osteoporosis) and enjoy the benefits of a healthy weight range, you need to take into account four very important (but simple!!!) lifestyle factors: Balance Your Diet, Exercise Regularly, Drink Lots of Water and Control Stress Levels. In order to look and feel your best, an optimum state of wellness can be achieved as a step-by-step process, which will also have the long-term benefits of improving your life, starting today and continuing into the future!
How Can I Achieve Wellness?
The ultimate way to achieve optimum wellness is to begin TODAY!!! Start by setting your goals. Make sure you take into account where you are right now, then determine what, when, how and most importantly, WHY you want to take control of your future. You then decide on a plan of action, making sure its realistic, achievable and something you can stick to! Remember the four lifestyle factors to achieving wellness - balance your diet, exercise regularly, drink lots of water and control stress levels.
I Just Can't Do It Alone!!?
The path to perfection is rarely an easy one!!! Don't worry if you feel that its just too much to handle on your own - the most successful people have a wealth of support behind them!!! That's what we are here for!
For total well being, The Lion's Share PTD has teamed up with "Team JP+" to offer a complimentary Personalised Wellness Evaluation to set your health goals for the year ahead and develop strategies to achieve them. We will look at your diet, exercise, lifestyle and specific health challenges.
The Lion's Share is also an independent Juice PLUS distributor, so can organize your complete supplementation and nutritional needs! Looking for weight loss soutions? Look no further! Need to recover faster, work harder or go longer? We have all the products you need! Tired too easily? Maybe your diet needs some supplementation! Its all natural and recommended by elite athletes, doctors and regular people alike!
We also use, recommend and sell Juice PLUS+ the next best thing to fruit and vegetables, offering up to 14 serves of organic fruits and vegetables in one dose! At less than the cost of a cup of coffee a day, its an amazing way to boost your energy levels, revitalize your body and get you on track to optimum health!!! See our customized website (click on the picture below) for more details or to place an order!
Did You Know?
- The Cancer Council W.A. states that at least one in three cancer cases are preventable and the number of cancer deaths could be almost halved by the implementation of effective cancer prevention programs, including eating at least 5 daily servings of vegetables and 2 daily servings of fruit, lowering waistline measurements and increasing levels of daily exercise.
- The Heart Foundation recommends that healthy individuals include omega-3 fatty acids in their diet to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Up to 50% of the Australian and New Zealand adult population do not receive the recommended 1,000 - 1,500mg of calcium per day to help prevent osteoporosis.
- Your body is about two-thirds water, and you lose at least 500ml of water on an average day without excess sweating. Infants, children and mature adults are more likely to experience dehydration and need to be more in tune with their fluid intake.
- When exercising, when you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. Ensure you drink fluid before, during and after a workout to replenish fluid loss.
- Aerobic exercise conditions your heart and cardiovascular system, helps improve your mood and relieves stress. Anaerobic exercise helps to strengthen muscles, bones and connective tissue and increase metabolism. Both forms of exercise are required for optimum wellness.
- Stress is one of the biggest killers - it contributes to Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes, Depression and a whole host of other diseases and health problems, not to mention causing motor vehicle accidents, suicides and relationship (family, friends and romantic) traumas.
- Supplementation can help ensure you receive essential vitamins and minerals that your body may be lacking through diet and nutrition alone. The absorption of many vitamins and minerals is affected by pollution levels, stress and medications, as well as diet and lifestyle factors. You may think you are getting enough, but your body is only absorbing a percentage of your daily intake. This is where supplementation is a form of insurance for your body's recommened daily intake.
(information supplied courtesy of HERBALIFE, and the Cancer Council WA)
Contact Us for further details or to place an order for products and services.
You Deserve The Lion's Share!!!